I use to love caramel apples as a kid. I mean what’s not to love, right? The gooey caramel, crunchy sweet apple and salty nuts…it’s like the perfect craving combination in one fabulous treat!
Staying away from all the sugar this time of year can be difficult. Which is why I want to share this healthier caramel apple recipe with you. Let me know what you think.
A healthier version of the original. Enjoy these guilt-free treats with your kiddos. Gluten-free, vegan.Ingredients:
• 4 apples of your choice
• 1 1/2 cups dried medjool dates
• 1 1/2 cups nuts of choice, chopped (or get creative and use goji, cacao nibs, etc)
• water as needed Directions:
• Soak dates in water for 2 hours. Drain and blend until they reach a creamy, sticky consistency. Add water as needed.
• Rinse apples. Dry well.
• Spread date paste around the apple. Roll in chopped nuts. Enjoy 🙂 Tips:
• Be careful not to add too much water to the dates when blending as a watery consistency will not stick well to the apples.
• You can also make the date paste, top with nuts and enjoy as a dip with cut up apples.